Monday, October 20, 2014

50 Everyday Weeknight Meals Blog Hop



Hey Friends!

Today I'm participating in the Everyday Weeknight Meals Blog Hop!  Several of bloggers have gotten together to bring you a collection of fast, easy and delicious week-night dinner recipes.  I'm pretty psyched to start trying some of these new recipes.  I know my week stays pretty boring with spaghetti, tacos and $5.00 Little Caesars.

My contribution to this little blog hop is Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.  We don't make them terribly often, because....well, they are super fattening ;) But, boy are they GOOD!  This is my husband's favorite dinner.  I have had this recipe ever since I have been married (13 years).  It is a hand written recipe that wound up in my little wooden recipe box that someone gave to me at a wedding shower.  I have no idea where it came from, but it has become one of our "family recipes."  I hope I'm not stealing the credit from someone out there.  Let me know if I am!

This is a really easy recipe:

Here's what you'll need: 



2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
a 7 ounce can of green chilies
16 ounces of sour cream (2 cups)
Plenty of cheddar cheese (however much you want, really)
Tortillas.  I use flour, but you can use softened corn tortillas too, if you prefer. 
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2.


Cook your chicken as you normally would.  I usually saute mine.  You could even use pre-cooked or canned chicken if you really wanted this to be fast....but I infinitely prefer to cook mine fresh. 


Chop into little pieces.  I like to do this, while it's cooking....makes it cook faster. 


Put both cans of chicken soup into a bowl and add the can of green chilies to it.  No need to drain.  


Add in 16 ounces (2 cups) of sour cream. 



Drain and mix in the chicken.  


You will have this horribly ugly mixture.  


Spread a thin layer on the bottom of a baking dish. 


Take a tortilla, I prefer the small tortillas...put a small dollop in the center of the tortilla.  You will be tempted to put more than you should in this tortilla....resist this temptation.  Just a little bit, is fine.  You will have leftover sour cream mixture....it's okay.  Trust me, it's way better if you take it easy on the mixture.  


Add as much cheese as you want.  


Roll it up and put it face down in the dish. 


Repeat. 


Really cram them in there.  You want as many as you can. 


Liberally cover with some of the extra mixture....eyeball this.  You most likely won't use it all.  


This is what I had left.  Honestly, I could have made two pans of this....but we really don't need the calories.  


Cover with cheese! 


Bake at 350 degrees for thirty minutes, covered. 


The end result looks like an ooey gooey mess!  It is so delicious though....let me tell you :) 


All of my kids swore to me that they weren't going to eat this while I was making it....all of my kids cleaned their plates.  




This is super fast and easy to pull together. I hope some of you try it! 


Visit all of the other recipes at the links below and stock up your recipe book with some new fresh recipes! 



Blogger:

You can also find the recipes here at our group Pinterest Board:
http://www.pinterest.com/becomingmartha/easy-weeknight-meals/

Have a great day!
xoxo
Anna

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these recipes! I am making your enchiladas tonight :-) I'll let you know how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, so many great ideas, hard to decide where to start, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, what a great list, hard to decide where to start first, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete