Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I'm baaaack!

Hey Guys!  I'm back!  So sorry to abandon blogging for the summer, but it had to be done.  I just could not keep it up.  I enjoy blogging so much, so that was kind of a bummer for me, but I am ready to start it back up full swing!

Our summer stayed very busy.  If you read back to the previous post you will see that I had two extra kids with me all summer.  We had some major challenges, that I probably had better not explain on the internet, but let's just say it was HARD....well, 6 kids without challenges would be hard anyway.  It was a very rewarding experience, though, and I know what I am capable of, for sure.  It's amazing how, when you have one child, you think...wow, I have no idea how someone can do this with two....and then you have a second and think... how does she do it with three...and so on and so on....but yet you are able to expand your abilities with each child you have, and you adjust....and it's rewarding.  I expanded my abilities this summer...boy did I.  The nice thing is that in comparison, it makes me appreciate my own children so much more.  Caring for just them feels easy now...and that is such a blessing :)

School started around here this past Monday.  I now have a 6th grader, a 3rd grader, a Kindergartner and my baby is starting preschool for the first time on this coming Monday.  We have three different "firsts" for my kids right now, and I have to say, it has made mama a little bit weepy.  I think the worst so far has been sending my oldest to middle school for the first time.  You don't walk them in for middle school....they are too old for that...I still tried (unsuccessfully). My kid's elementary school is right next door to the middle school and elm school starts 30 minutes before the middle school does, so we drop them all off at the same time and my oldest walks the bridge and path over to the middle school.  I just dropped him off and watched him walk that long path all the way to the school...and cried!  Sigh...I still can't believe it.  My Kindergartner surprisingly was awesome!  She just marched right in there and took charge of the room.  She was ready to go.  I think the real test will come this Monday when I have to drop off my baby for the first time.  Bring on the waterworks.

Some shots of my kids' first day of school:


Silly photos are always part of the deal. 



My littlest had to join the fun.  She's a bunny in all her photos now, lol.







They all did this face....I spared you shots of everybody else.


You can see a shot of his middle school behind him. 


There he goes.  



off into the sunrise!  He is so grown up...I can't take it! 


****tear

anyways...
As far as my home goes....it has been a MESS this entire summer.  Either we were gone the entire day, or I spent the entire day cleaning and it still stayed a horrible mess.  I was doing two full loads in the dishwasher per day!  I have been so so so ready for some structure around here.  Since Monday, I have had three days to get things back into order and get a schedule set.  Let me tell you, it has been great! I got back to my cleaning schedule that I detailed in this post.  This seriously is the best way to keep your house clean. This morning I had a perfectly clean house by 9:30 am!  I have felt like a lazy bones all day long.  I have not had my house all the way clean, all at once, since well before the summer started.   I made a chronological list of the home improvement projects that I need to do.  It helps me to not be overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that needs to be done, to make a list of each step that needs to be completed in the order they need to be done.  That way I can just take it one step at a time.  First up, I am going to concentrate hard on getting my fireplace completely done.  I got it like 90 percent there and then just abandoned it.  It's so sad too....because it is almost BEAUTIFUL.....almost.  I also have a few crafts up my sleeve and sewing projects.  I made an awesome Disney's Brave inspired costume for my niece's for her first birthday party and I will do a post on how I made that...and I have a bunch of pillow making to do etc.
Here's a peek at the Brave costume.  I love it so much!


 Wow....I feel like there is so much to share and catch up on, but I have already made this post too long.  I'm so happy to be back and I will do my best to share all of the projects I'm working on in as real of time as possible.  Until then!

Anna
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment